12 Months Before
· Announce your engagement! Tell family & Friends and plan an engagement party. Place an engagement announcement in your local newspaper & or sign up for a wedding website to keep your guests in the loop.
· Hire a wedding planner to help secure contracts, vendors, etc. Consider purchasing a wedding planning software to stay organized.
· Choose a wedding date – have a few days as options in case our first choice is booked.
· Begin a rough guest list & confirm current mailing addresses.
· Choose a location and reserve your ceremony, reception and rehearsal diner site.
· Choose who you would like to have as your attendants, including or maid of honor and best man.
· Begin shopping for your wedding gown
· Start attending local bridal shows and start building relationships with vendors that interest you
· Buy a wedding planning organizer to keep track of important dates & appointments
· Work on budget
6-9 Months before
· Order your wedding gown and buy undergarments that you will wear with it.(be sure to bring these to all fittings.)
· Order bridal accessories – shoes, gloves and veil
· Begin shopping for bridesmaids dresses
· Find an officiant to perform your ceremony
· Research local vendors and book music, florist, photographer, videographer and caterer
· Choose one or more bridal gift registries and start populating them
· Send “save the date” notices. Send earlier if this is a destination wedding.
4-6 Months Before
· Design & order invitations, and thank you cards
· Hire a calligrapher, if desired
· Purchase any desired ceremony and reception decorations, unity candles, vases, aisle runner etc.
· Wedding cake choices need to be made. Search for pictures and local bakeries
· Select & purchase wedding favors & wedding favor accessories-boxes, personalized wedding ribbon, labels etc
· Honeymoon plans need to be booked. If travelling, verify that you have any necessary travel documents including passports, visas and medical requirements.
· Book a room for your wedding night, if you will be leaving for your honeymoon the next morning
· Book hotel rooms or arrange other accommodations for out of town guest.
2-4 Months before
· Schedule a meeting with your caterer to discuss the menu and your bar/liquor needs
· Determine your stat’s requirements are for obtaining a marriage license.
· Order tuxedos for the men in the wedding party and groom of course
· Order your wedding cake
· Buy thank you gifts for your attendants flower girl and ring bearer
· Reach out to party rental companies for tents, arches, tables, chairs etc
· If needed order/renew passports. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get them back.
· Choose size and purchase wedding rings decide whether you will have them engraved.
1-2 months before
· Eight weeks prior to the wedding date mail the invitations. Provide accommodations information if needed, especially for out of town guests.
· If needed, complete name change documents or purchase a bridal name change kit online.
· Purchase a guest book, pen and other wedding accessories including toasting glasses, cake knife, ring pillow, etc.
· Maintain your wedding web site with event details, directions
· Schedule a trial for your hair and make-up stylists. When chosen, book appointments to have your hair, make up and nails done on the day of the wedding.
· Renew insurance information with your fiancé and check with employers to see what documents need to be updated once you are legal we(car, home, medical
2wks to 1 month before
· Work on seating chart for the reception. Make table numbers and place cards
· Contact your caterer with a final guest count and quick review of the final plans
· Meet with your photographer to finalize your wedding photo list of desired shots
· Finalize your flower order with your florist (bouquets, boutonnieres, center pieces, etc. & review an décor details or venue logistics
· Submit your wedding announcement to your local newspaper
· Confirm accommodation reservations for out of town guests
· Plan a bridal luncheon or dinner with your bridesmaids
· Final wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses should be don
· Appply for your marriage license
· Write rehearsal dinner toasts
· Create & print out a timeline of events for our wedding party and vendors be sure to include contact info with cell numbers
· Pick up wedding bands & make sure they fit
1 Week Before
· Pick up your wedding gown & bridesmaids dresses
· Complete payment to vendors, if you haven’t already. Confirm all transportation reservations& logistics
· Pack for your honeymoon & confirm travel arrangements
The Day Before
· Welcome out of town guests as they arrive if time allows
· Write a love note to your spouse
· Attend the rehearsal & hand over your cell phone to your maid of honor or best man. Let them screen your calls and handle the little things
· Take some time for yourself: take a walk, meditate or do what you enjoy that calms and centers you.
· Get a good night’s sleep
· The Wedding Day
· Wake up early & do some light exercise like a peaceful outdoor walk
· Share gifts with your bridesmaids or close family members
· Eat a healthy breakfast – don’t skip this!
· Enjoy yourself and your family and friends! It’s your day and it will be wonderful